Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 12:33:19 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>, FREEBSD-CURRENT-L <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   "ifconfig -arp" doesn't work?

<<On Mon, 8 Jul 1996 09:32:15 -0400 (EDT), Brian Tao <taob@io.org> said:

>     Andrew is referring to the "-arp" switch to ifconfig.  I had asked
> if it was possible for an Ethernet interface not to broadcast its MAC
> address in response to an ARP query.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem
> to work.  :(

Well, you can add the following to the beginning of
if_ether.c:in_arpinput():

	if (ac->ac_if.if_flags & IFF_NOARP) {
		m_freem(m);
		return;
	}

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.