Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 1999 23:55:36 -0500
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Addgroup / rmgroup

Hi again all,

While adding and removing groups tonite manually (via vi /etc/group), I had
this thought that there had to be an 'easier' way - something like the
adduser command.  So, after trying various man attempts, I finally tried
re-reading man adduser.  At the bottom of man adduser,  in the "SEE ALSO"
section, they make reference to the commands:

addgroup
rmgroup

which apparently no longer have man pages.  I tried to do some digging, and
came to the conclusion that the commands disappeared between v.2.2.5 and
2.2.6, yet nothing seems to be mentioned in the release notes for those
versions.

Is there now A Better Way to do add/remove/modify groups?  Is that the
concept behind pw (8)?

Thanks again in advance!!!
--John