Date:      Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:34:13 -0400
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
Cc:        Playnet <playnet@mail333.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba3, freeBSD 5.3 & kerberos -- error on compiling

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 14:00 -0700, Loren M. Lang wrote:
> I think the kerberos support in samba might be a little old, but I'll
> have to look into it to be sure.  It might be better to have samba use

There was old kerberos/afs code which is unusable.  There's newer stuff
for AD etc. support, but it really wants heimdal as I understand it
(certainly Tridge's current work for samba4 is all heimdal-based).  I'm
not sure it would build against MIT krb5, since heimdal exports a bunch
of useful stuff that MIT doesn't.

I'm also under the impression that samba3 can't really do the PDC thing
properly at present; that's the primary focus of samba4 development.

--
brandon s. allbery   [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu