Date:      27 Jan 2003 20:01:25 +0300
From:      "Vladimir B. " Grebenschikov <vova@express.ru>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.0 on Sony Vaio PCG-N505X

=F7 Mon, 27.01.2003, =D7 16:38, Jens Rehsack =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC:
> Hi,
>=20
> does anyone has expirience how I could get a FreeBSD 5.0 installed on a=20
> Sony Vaio PCG-N505X? This machine has it's cdrom attached through a=20
> pccard. My problem is, that the floppy drive has a physical defect which=20
> causes in disk salad everytime I access a floppy with it, so I must boot=20
> from cdrom.
>=20
> Can I plug off the cdrom after boot and attach an ethernet card? Or do I=20
> have to create an own bootable cd, and what did I have to build into the=20
> kernel?

You have options:
- get native SONY PCMCI cd-drive and boot and install from it
- install windows VMWare and then install FreeBSD from VMWare to free
partition, then boot from it (may be you should install one of boot
managers)

> So long,
> Jens

--=20