Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2017 17:36:36 +0200
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        Stephen Mcconnell <stephen.mcconnell@broadcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mps(4) blocks panic-reboot

Bezüglich Stephen Mcconnell's Nachricht vom 01.06.2017 17:25 (localtime):
> I found a couple of emails between me and Scott a while back and we talked
> about this. The problem is that the SSU handling relies on interrupts, but
> interrupts stop due to the panic, so it hangs. Scott came up with a way
> around it but we never decided on a final fix and then it was forgotten
> about. If you have a way to reproduce this, I can try to find a fix here.
> Or, I might be able to force the system to panic at the right time.

Thank you very much for your attention!

I remember haveing read some discussion about that topic but thought it
was fixed and haven't searched any further; thanks for doing that job :-)

I can reproduce at any time, willing to test anything (which I can get
to compile on stable/11)!
This is a semi-productive machine where I evaluate some netmap/bhyve
options/stragtegies.

Thanks,

-harry