Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:46:05 -0500
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/159222: unusual behavior writing boot0 from single user mode

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 04:31:01PM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> Why then did you pick amd64 as a category?

IMHO it's not Tim's problem; the categories are just misnamed.

One of these months I'm going to get out of ports-land and get back onto
the topic of "PR system".  In whatever the next PR system is, there will
be a "hardware-specific" category or something similarly named.  There
will not be any of the following: i386; amd64; www :-)

(The latter will be "website".)

It's not fair to blame our users for the drawbacks of the tool we give
them.

mcl