Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 19:17:52 -0800
From:      Bora Akyol <akyol@wireless.stanford.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot Loader when both IDE and SCSI present. How to Install?

Hi everyone,
I have just installed FreeBSD 2.1 on my Intel Pentium System.
I have an NCR SCSI controller and IDE controllers both on the PCI
bus and the BIOS supports the NCR.

Now I have two IDE drives (one on each controller) and a SCSI
drive and FreeBSD is on my SCSI drive. When I installed FreeBSD
I chose to install the boot manager but that did not work apparently.
Can someone please tell me how to make this boot loader work.
I can now boot FreeBSD via the floppy but that is kind of awkward and
requires me to be very alert. By the way I type hd(2,a)/kernel
at the install floppy boot prompt.

Thanks

Bora

akyol@leland.stanford.EDU

ps. Basically I want to know how to install a bootloader on wd0 so
that it will boot either dos which is on wd0 or sd0.