Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 00:32:44 +0300 (EEST)
From:      andy <andy@sympad.net>
To:        Anton Berezin <tobez@plab.ku.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd + interbase + ibperl module

On 13 Apr 1999, Anton Berezin wrote:

> > Does anyone could get to work this combination?
>
> What's a problem?  Are you on an ELF system?

yes. I'm on 3.1 release

> You probably want to compile aout perl.

Probably yes.

I've got interbase4 binary distro containing aout libraries
which are to be used by one of the perl interbase modules.

Being on elf system this module is compiled as elf, which can't
use aout interbase libraries. (?)

How do I solve this problem?

Do I need to compile aout perl to be able to use aout interbase libraries?
Well, in case i've got aout perl, how would I compile any module as aout to
be compatible with aout perl?

These elf & aout got me down.
Please help me out.

be good,