Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 2020 21:49:30 +0200
From:      <driesm.michiels@gmail.com>
To:        "'Matthew Macy'" <mmacy@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-current'" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-fs'" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: OpenZFS support merged

First of all a big thank you to the whole team that made this possible!

Secondly, I would like to check in if the following statement is still =
in
effect (taken from https://zfsonfreebsd.github.io/ZoF):
"Beware that the FreeBSD boot loader does not allow booting from root =
pools
with encryption active (even if it is not in use), so do not try =
encryption
on a pool you boot from"

When we are talking about encryption active, does that mean the feature =
flag
active or from the moment one sets encryption=3Don on any dataset of the =
root
pool?
As a follow-up, if it is not currently not possible, are there any
long/short term plans to add the missing bits to our boot loader?=B5