Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 03:48:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, gibbs@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ahcintr type mismatch

> ahc0 is now configured as eisa/pci device so you have to replace the bogus
> "controller ahc1 at isa?..." line from your config file and possibly add
> an eisa line (see GENERIC and LINT).
> Bruce

Speaking of this device.  I have an NCA 54AS with onboard 7850 which
doesn't work.  I installed a 2940 and for about two months it has
been working fine.

With a recent -current, the onboard 7850 is now noticed by the probe,
assigned to ahc1, and then the system crashes.

'disable ahc1' results in a message about ahc1 not probed because it is
disabled, but later during the PCI bus probing it shows up, is
detected, and then crashes.

--
Brian Litzinger       |                                                        |
brian@mediacity.com   |           This space intentionally left blank          |