Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:34:21 -0700
From:      Dave Tweten <tweten@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenMotif Problem

I made the mistake of rebuilding Open Motif a week or so ago, and things have
been going downhill since then.  Any help would be appreciated.  The current
situation is:

1. I rebuilt world and kernel and installed them both today, based
   upon STABLE as of midnight 0800 GMT, 9/23/2002.

2. I cvsupped ports as of the same time.

3. I deleted and rebuilt open-motif-2.2.2, plan-1.8.4, and xmaddressbook-1.5.3.

The result is that plan, xmaddressbook and netscape navigator for linux no
longer accept keyboard input.  Netscape complains:

>navigator-linux-4_79_bin: The Motif keysyms seem not to be defined.

> This is usually because the proper XKeysymDB file was not found.
> You can set the $XKEYSYMDB environment variable to the location
> of a file which contains the right keysyms.

> Without the right XKeysymDB, many warnings will be generated,
> and most keyboard accelerators will not work.

> (An appropriate XKeysymDB file was included with the Netscape
> distribution.)

Xmaddressbook and plan produce dozens of messages to stderr like:

>Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name:  osfActivate
>Warning: ... found while parsing ':<Key>osfActivate: PrimitiveParentActivate()'
>Warning: String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errors

I've searched the ports e-mail archive and found nothing quite like my current
situation.  Any tips would be appreciated.
--
M/S 258-5                     | 1024-bit PGP fingerprint: | tweten@nas.nasa.gov
NASA Ames Research Center     |  41 B0 89 0A  8F 94 6C 59 |      (650) 604-4416