Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 1996 22:34:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   minicom

FreeBSD'ers

I've got a problem with minicom and hopefully someone might
have a suggestion or two that might help.  Minicom works well
for me on Linux, whether in an RXVT when running X or from the
command line.  On my 2.1.5, minicom only works properly when
run from a command prompt.  Neither xminicom, or minicom run
in an xterm or rxvt session function as a proper VT100 when
running FreeBSD.  There are dozens of applications running on
our VaxCluster, and access to our Lan servers that depend on
proper emulation of vt100 to be successful.  Anybody know the
secrets to make this work properly?

Paul

E-Mail: wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
Date: 10/08/96