Date:      Wed Dec  6 18:21:16 CST 2000
From:      shizuka00 <shizuka00@sinagirl.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Re: WaveLAN PCI problem

In message <20001123161054.19220.qmail@hk.sina.com.hk> shizuka00 writes:
 >: In this case, I have to dump either my motherboard or the adaptor
 >: because my motherboard is an ASUS CUSL2 which has no ISA slot. I may
 >: have some spare time next month, is there any doc detailed how to
 >: complete the emulation code?
 >
 >The problem is with the interrupt dispatching and routing.  You'll
 >have to port the -current code as well as fix some issues with the
 >pcic.c for pci cards.
 >
 >Warner

Should I assume that -current code should work with this PCI adapter? I
actually tried out last week and got the following observation:

1. Using GENERIC kernel (cvsup 30 Nov), machine hang after pccardd recognize the card and load the driver. It also hang if I take the WaveLan card

2. Using NEWCARD kernel, machine hang while setting up pccard1 (?). Here're what I wrote down
   > pccbb1: card inserted: event=0x00000000, state=30001810
   > pccard1: chip_socket_enable
   > pccbb_pcic_enable:
   > pccbb1: pccbb_power: CARD_VCC_0V and CARD_VPP_0V [44]
   > pccbb1: pccbb_power: CARD_VCC_3V and CARD_VPP_VCC [11]
   > pccbb1: pccbb_pcic_wait_ready: status 0x4c
   > pccbb1: ready never happened, status=4c
   > pccbb1: card type is mem
   > pccard1: read_cis
   > pccbb_pcic_mem_map window 0 bus d000+400+fff30000 card addr 0
   > pccbb_pcic_do_mem_map window 0: 00d0 80d0 3f30
   > pccbb_pcic_do_mem_map window 0: 00d0 80d0 7f30
   > cis mem map c00d0000
   > pccard1: CIS tuple chain: <--machine hang here.

One more question, the PCMCIA-PCI adapter has only one slot, is there any reason why pccbb card detect pccard0 & pccard1?

P.S. Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town.