Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:33:36 -0500
From:      Ingrid Kast Fuller <ingrid@cityscope.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 2940UW & Seagate STT38000N

Has anyone in the group had problems using the Adaptec 2940UW
and Seagate STT38000N Tape Drive?

We have 2 Quantum 4.3Gb Ultra Wide Hard Drives using the UW SCSI Bus
and 1 Seagate STT38000N Tape Drive using the regular SCSI Bus on the
Adaptec 2940UW card. We've had some HARDWARE FAILURE messages and we're
trying to pin-point the problem, wondering if it could be a
compatibility problem.   We've already put in another new STT38000N
and the messages still occurred.