Date:      Thu, 7 Apr 2022 07:09:37 +0200
From:      Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libxml2 Port Blocking Upgrades

--------------xHKxza0e50oirmhsukJRgYqH

On 4/7/22 01:22, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> I don't think that 262853 is the source of the problem, though I'm not
> sure from the provided information. A build with MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE and
> some earlier bit of the log MIGHT make this clearer.

I tried this, and the issue was exactly the same.

> As far as I can tell, the libxml2 port does not install any .a libs,
> only the shareables (.so).

True. On systems that were not affected by this, no .a libs exist. On
others that are, .a libs are being looked for, and since they don't
exist, the update stops.

> In any case, I re-installed libxslt one minute and 25 seconds after
> the libxml2 commit with no issues on my 13-Stable system.

I tried this and it didn't work either. libxslt is still looking for
libxml2.a

Mark.
--------------xHKxza0e50oirmhsukJRgYqH

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:CAN6yY1s3q3bRUNm_hZzxFB1Y_1i5z-F2dyCUYYxvWRcbs7WjMw@mail.gmail.com">
          class="gmail_default">I don't think that 262853 is the source
          of the problem, though I'm not sure from the provided
          information. A build with MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE and some earlier
          bit of the log MIGHT make this clearer.</div>
    I tried this, and the issue was exactly the same.<br>
cite="mid:CAN6yY1s3q3bRUNm_hZzxFB1Y_1i5z-F2dyCUYYxvWRcbs7WjMw@mail.gmail.com">
          class="gmail_default"> As far as I can tell, the libxml2 port
          does not install any .a libs, only the shareables (.so).<br>
    True. On systems that were not affected by this, no .a libs exist.
    On others that are, .a libs are being looked for, and since they
    don't exist, the update stops.<br>
cite="mid:CAN6yY1s3q3bRUNm_hZzxFB1Y_1i5z-F2dyCUYYxvWRcbs7WjMw@mail.gmail.com">
            class="gmail_default">In any case, I re-installed libxslt
            one minute and 25 seconds after the libxml2 commit with no
            issues on my 13-Stable system.<br>
    I tried this and it didn't work either. libxslt is still looking for
    libxml2.a<br>
    Mark.<br>

--------------xHKxza0e50oirmhsukJRgYqH--