Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 95 13:20 MSZ
From:      me@tartufo.pcs.dec.com (Michael Elbel)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/editors/xemacs/pkg COMMENT PLIST

In pcs.freebsd.cvs.all you write:

>jkh         95/07/07 01:26:30

>  Modified:    editors/xemacs  Makefile
>               editors/xemacs/files  md5
>               editors/xemacs/pkg  COMMENT PLIST
>  Removed:     editors/xemacs/files  unexfreebsd.c
>  Log:
>  Update this to version 19.12.  Since all our changes have been
>  merged into 19.12 this allows the elimination of a lot of stuff.

Grumble. I had told you that I would have a new port ready today, after
testing my build a bit more.

- patch-aa needs to be removed (patch-ab is still needed).

- Since there was an agreement to move site-lisp stuff to
  /usr/local/var/site-lisp, you should have added an option
  --sitelispdir=/usr/local/var/site-lisp to the configure line.

- The Description still mentions that X is needed. Xemacs now also
  runs on plain ttys.

Then there's the issue of that bug in xpm-3.4f that supposedly gets
triggered by xemacs-19.12. There is a patch that probably should get
added to the xpm port.

Michael
--
Michael Elbel, PCS GmbH, Muenchen, Germany - me@FreeBSD.org