Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:17:01 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with newfs_msdos

Hi folks,

It seems that newfs_msdos doesn't work on 4.0-current - when I try to
format msdos partition "newfs_msdos /dev/wd0s1" (one created with
sysinstall) my machine after few seconds of disk activity just hangs -
no messages on console, no messages in logs, keyboard blocked (however I
can switch between consoles, but can't type anything) and most
interesting, that machine responding to pings (but anyway telnet, ftp
etc. doesn't work).

Anyone observed similar misbehavior?

Sincerely,

Maxim