Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2012 07:52:00 -0400
From:      Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com>
To:        Olivier Mueller <om-lists-bsd@omx.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD compatibility with HP ProLiant DL360p Generation 8 (Gen8) ?

Reply inline...

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Olivier Mueller <om-lists-bsd@omx.ch> wrot=
e:
> Hello,
>
> I need to order a few more servers for an internal project, and instead
> of the usual DL360G7 we now use without any problem with FreeBSD, there
> would now be the next generation, called "Gen8".
>
> Intel=AE C600 Series Chipset
> Intel=AE E5-2600 Processor Family
> Storage Controller : HP Smart Array P420i/1GB
> Network Controller : HP Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 331FLR Adapter
> (full specs: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14211_na/14211=
_na.pdf )

I cannot comment on 9.x as we have not yet tested it on the 360p G8.
I can, however, say that we did not have problems with the RAID
controller with stable/8.  We did have problems with the on-board NIC,
I don't remember what model it is, but it is based on the BCM5719
controller.  We ordered a few PCIe Intel NICs and tried the 82571
which did work with stable/8.  We've got on order a few of the HP
NC361T, which is based on the Intel i350, which we tested in a Dell
and it worked there.  Again, all this is with stable/8, but generally
if the driver works in 8, it will work in 9.

--=20
Take care
Rick Miller