Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 14:18:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unexpected files from CTM

> Are these files expected or are they just leftover files ?
>
> Working on </sources/FreeBSD/CTM/9xx/cvs-cur.0991.gz>
> Expecting Global MD5 <8513dd09ba42df56de4699081f37cfb2>
> Reference Global MD5 <8513dd09ba42df56de4699081f37cfb2>
> > FS .ctm_status
> > FN CVSROOT/commitlogs/ports
> > FN CVSROOT/commitlogs/sys
> > FM attic.list                                 <<<<<<
> > FM ports/--files-from                         <<<<<<

Arggghh... ctm caught me in cleaning up the attic files.  The attic.list
was a temporary list of files I was archiving and removing from the Attic
areas of the ports tree, the --file-from was a botched tar command with
a missing - before the command qualifier.

These should disappear in the next ctm, but thanks for pointing this
small problem out.  I was not aware that ctm was running from the ~ncvs
level, and it could have easily yielded a _huge_ delta as I also had
a full copy of the ports Attic area stored as ~ncvs/ports.Attic :-(.

Poul, is there anyway to make ctm only traverse the ~ncvs/{CVSROOT,ports,src}
directories.  I often use funny names in ~ncvs/ when doing this type of work
and it would be real easy for me to cause a totally wasted delta to go out.

For now I will work around it by using another temporary holding area next
to ~ncvs.

I also suspect that in the next ncvs delta everyone is going to get
~ncvs/ports.Attic.950813.tgz, it is only 415K bytes, but that was defanitly
not my intent!