Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 1999 16:54:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: perl error in make world

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Annelise Anderson wrote:

> I'm getting the following error with today's -current sources;
> this particular system has a rather strange history, so it may
> not be the sources, but something else.  I have tried -DNOCRYPT,
> which doesn't help.  And I've searched the archives without
> finding anything directly applicable, so suggestions would be
> appreciated.

Back in september libcrypt grew the ability to use SHA-1 passwords..looks
like your libcrypt wasn't linked against libmd, so the SHA_* symbols
aren't found in libcrypt. Adding -lmd to the perl link line would fix it,
but you should try rebuilding libcrypt first. Doing a "nm
/usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2" should show the symbols with a 'T' next to them.

Kris

----
Cthulhu for President! For when you're tired of choosing the _lesser_ of
two evils..