Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 96 14:30:12 -0400
From:      Yves Lepage <yves@CC.McGill.CA>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD routes IPX, what about this?

Hi all,

FreeBSD routes IPX.

I've not tried it yet but I trust that it works. What about if I tried to forward
IPX traffic onto an IP interface as IP traffic? and forward IP traffic onto
an IPX interface as IPX traffic?

Does the IPX code in FreeBSD currently do that conversion?

The application for this would be to provide MBONE (rumours have it that there
is such a thing as IPX mcast) to PC's behind Novell servers. These PC's are without
IP connectivity...

I know Bill's on that list and he probably has an opinion already :-)

Are there any plans for doing this in the future?

Thanks,
Yves Lepage