Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:01:09 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fr=E9d=E9ric?= Hardy <f.hardy@hexanet.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP X.org conversion

--Pk6IbRAofICFmK5e

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:55:02AM +0200, Fr=E9d=E9ric Hardy wrote:

> I was made an upgrade from Xfree86 to X.org (see=20
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-July/032267.html).
>=20
> Since this update, all new package xfree86 depedencies must be redefined=
=20
> with pkgdb -F on xorg.
>=20
> I have X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=3Dxorg in my /etc/make.conf.
>=20
> Any solutions ?

If you find that all of the X-related dependencies of an new or
updated port are being pointed at the XFree86 packages, then it sounds
like you don't have a completely up to date version of /usr/ports/Mk/.

You should have bsd.port.mk version 1.495.  grep(1) should find
matches for 'X_WINDOW_SYSTEM' within that file.  As I remember it took
a few hours after the announcement came out for all of the updates to
percolate out to all of the cvsup(1) servers.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way