Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 11:48:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@visi.com>
To:        peter@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems with x11/fvwm2 port

Peter:

I'm cvsupping ports-x11 (tag=.) so I should have the most current.
(The checksum for fvwm-2.0.43.tar.gz also matched.)  The x11/fvwm2
port has two patches, patch-ae and patch-af, that seem to have
problems.

The patch program rejected patch-ae, and it turns out that change
is already in the code from fvwm-2.0.43.tar.gz (with a FreeBSD
label).

The patch program couldn't find the target for patch-af; it turns
out that FvwmConfig has moved to the extras directory (patch-af
thinks it's in modules) and again, the change is already in the
code.

My recommendation is to nix them both; they don't appear to be
needed (once I removed them, it compiled and installed cleanly).

Thanks,

--
Brent J. Nordquist / bjn@visi.com
+1 612 827-2747