Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:01:15 +0200
From:      Leif Neland <leif@roskildebc.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   boot from SCSI without bios or beyond cylinder 512

I have two IDE and a SCSI on an AHA1505

I successfully installed 2.2.2 twice yesterday, first completely on the scsi.

I couldn't get the bootmanager to boot from the AHA, probably because it
doesn't have a bios. (It works nicely during the install as a aic (as far
as I remember; the 2. Adaptec in the install-menu))

So I tried putting the root on the 2. IDE, a 700k drive, which I donīt use
LBA on, so only the 1. 500k or so is used for DOS, the rest was empty.

But this didnīt work either. The bootmanager tried to boot from the 2.
disk, but responded (approx) Error loading operating system.

Can I somehow boot from dos?

Can I make a bootfloppy if I want to move the scsi and controller to a
seperate machine?

Leif Neland			work: leif@roskildebc.dk
Systemadministrator		private: leifn@roskildebc.dk
Roskilde Business College