Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 2003 12:58:09 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Keith Baumgart <kbaumgart2@Comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Too much swap space...best way to take some of it away

--LHVm/8RQ0dnwMszh

On Friday,  3 October 2003 at 22:55:46 -0400, Keith Baumgart wrote:
> Ok, I'm not totally a newbie but, I'm definitely no expert in FBSD. When I
> was doing my original install, it was on a p100 w/ 32 megs of ram, so I gave
> myself a 1 gig swap partition to help alleviate some of the server load.
> Now, I have moved this install to a AMD K6/2 500MHz with 512 megs of RAM, so
> I really don't need a 1 gig swap partition on only a 3 gig hard drive. What
> is the best way to repartition this disk without having to
> reinstall?

This question is off topic for this mailing list.  Ask on
FreeBSD-questions.  Describe what other partitions you have.

Greg
NOTE: Due to the currently active Microsoft-based worms, I am limiting
all incoming mail to 131,072 bytes.  This is enough for normal mail,
but not for large attachments.  Please send these as URLs.

--LHVm/8RQ0dnwMszh

--LHVm/8RQ0dnwMszh--