Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:55:37 +0100
From:      gabor@zahemszky.hu
To:        <kevlo@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   interesting bug in multimedia/recordmydesktop port

 Hi!

 Today I tried the recordmydesktop package / port on FreeBSD.
 It was a bit disappointing, that on FreeBSD jack is a forced
 dependency of it. But it was a bigger surprise, that the command
 ====
 $ recordmydesktop --print-config

 recordMyDesktop was compiled with the following options:

 Jack			:Disabled
 Default Audio Backend	:OSS
 ====

 showed that jack was disabled. As I downloaded the 9.0 package,
 I tried to recompile. (Actually it's a machine, running 9.0-p3, but
 with not-too-old ports - updated with portsnap)
 And got the same result:

 ====
 Vasarely# cd work/recordmydesktop-0.3.8.1/
 Vasarely# fgrep -i jack config.log
   $ ./configure --enable-oss=yes --enable-jack=yes
 --x-libraries=/usr/local/lib --x-includes=/usr/local/include
 --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man --infodir=/usr/local/info/
 --build=i386-portbld-freebsd9.0
 configure:8657: checking for jack_activate in -ljack
 configure:8692: cc -o conftest -I/usr/local/include  -O2 -pipe
 -fno-strict-aliasing   conftest.c -ljack  -pthread -ltheora -logg
 -lvorbisenc -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -lXdamage -lXfixes -lXext -lX11 -lSM
 -lICE -lz -lm -L/usr/local/lib   >&5
 ac_cv_lib_jack_jack_activate=yes
 ====

 So the configuration phase found it, but at the end, the generated
 binary doesn't know about is:

 ====
 Vasarely# src/recordmydesktop --print-config

 recordMyDesktop was compiled with the following options:

 Jack			:Disabled

 ====

 So I think, it would be better to disable the jack dependency from the
 default configuration with a small modification, like
 replacing the --enable-jack=yes withe the --enable-jack=no in the port
 Makefile, and deleting jack from the LIB_DEPENDS line, too.

 Bye,

 Gabor ZAHEMSZKY < Gabor at Zahemszky dot hU >