Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:00:03 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Buliwyf McGraw <buliwyf@libertad.univalle.edu.co>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fics

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 11:42:07AM -0500, Buliwyf McGraw wrote:
>=20
> Anybody knows about a trojan or something bad called "fics"???
>=20
> I found this in one pc on my intranet:
>=20
> Interesting ports on  (192.168.20.50):
> Port    State       Protocol  Service
> 5000    open        tcp       fics

That service name is meaningless; it can be anything listening on that
port, fics is just the name of the protocol which is officially
allowed to use it. The only reliable way to tell what protocol it is
is to jump on the machine itself and look at the processes with a
lsof-like tool. I don't know of any of these for Windows.

Kris

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO--