Date:      Tue, 08 Jul 1997 21:04:10 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Install suggestion

> When setting up the devices, before the installation has begun, sometimes
> I am a little too quick with the delete key, and kill something I would
> like to have.  I have to start the installation all over again then,

Not if you catch your error before exiting (after which, of course,
it's far too late for any mechanism to catch you before the probes
fail and you hit the ground with a meaty thud).  It is documented
(hit F1) that you can pull things off the inactive list again if
you inadvertantly delete them.  I do assume that you've read those
docs? :-)

In any case, this is really Mike Smith's baby so I'll let him respond
to your specific UI comments.

					Jordan