Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:07:54 -0600
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Something wrong with portlint?

I had all sorts of problems with portlint yesterday.  I kept getting errors
that the COMMENT was missing even though it wasn't.  I got complaints about
things being out of order when they weren't.  (X is in the MAINTAINER
section - but it wasn't.)  In the end, I had to submit the ports even
though they wouldn't pass portlint because *I* knew they were done
correctly (and they worked without errors), not because portlint gave its
stamp of approval.

Has there been a recent code change that might have caused this?  (I'm
running 5.4 SECURITY on an i386 processor.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member