Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2012 20:10:05 GMT
From:      Ian <yoitsmeremember@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/166639: [boot] Syscons issue Intel D2700

The following reply was made to PR amd64/166639; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ian <yoitsmeremember@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, lebel.jerome@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 15:03:06 -0500

 Just to add a few more details, this also happens (unsurprisingly) on a
 D2500.  Testing with my D2500CC, I can confirm the issue occurs on both
 9.0 and 8.2, and both in i386 and amd64.

 Also, interestingly, I can't get a very vanilla (GENERIC kernel and
 almost no configuration) install to even boot with a serial console and
 terminal.  The only changes I made were adding "-Dh -S115200" to
 /boot.config and setting up a serial tty in /etc/ttys.  The board
 repeatedly hangs (not a panic) after printing "Setting hostuuid", and if
 I disable hostid in rc.conf, it will repeatedly hang after printing
 "Envtropy harvesti" (sic)--coincidentally the exact same number of
 printed characters.  It does still respond to interrupt though, as I can
 toggle Num Lock and it does recognize pressing the power button or
 plugging/unplugging USB devices.

 Let me know if you need any testing as I would love to get this board up
 and running.