Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2000 21:03:10 -0500
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDK status?

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 03:10:56AM -0400, Mark Abene wrote:

# Understandable.  If I can lend a hand, let me know.  Once upon a time, I
# spearheaded the port of the JDK to Solaris x86, so I understand what's
# involved.  Plus, I currently have some free time between contracts.

You could start by looking at the set of patches that Greg Lewis
has put up of the FreeBSD Java port team's work (which includes my
Alpha changes as well).  The most pressing issue would be to get
an Alpha version of invokeNative_alpha.s written.  I think other
than that piece of assembly code it is just a matter of ironing
out any 32 vs. 64 bit 'isms that we may have introduced with our
FreeBSD-specific changes.

	http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsd-jdk122-patches-latest.tar.gz

Also the Blackdown folks are rumored to have some patches for the
Alpha, but the last time I checked they weren't much more than a
sprinkling of cruft that nowhere near represented a full-blown
port.

-steve