Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:06:37 -0600
From:      Bob Van Valzah <Bob@Talarian.Com>
To:        pW <packetwhore@stargate.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Security@FreeBSD.Org, FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Re: Racoon Problem & Cisco Tunnel

Yes. The five DSL setups with which I'm familiar all grant at least one
public address per house. I believe all are static, but one might be
dynamic. Interference with protocols like IPSec is one of the reasons
why I'd make a public address a requirement when choising a DSL
provider. When it comes to NAT, I'm with Vint Cerf--avoid it if at all
possible. Let's hasten the deployment of IPv6.

   Bob