Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 03:52:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jlv@inCommon.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, support@Hughes.com.au, jfitz@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: minor issues with msql 2.0-rel install

Please CC: the maintainer for reports as below.

Satoshi
-------
 * Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 00:27:15 -0700
 * From: "Jay L. Verkler" <jlv@inCommon.com>
 *
 * I had two small issues of which you may wish to be aware:
 *
 * - the name of the current download source gz is not what the Freebsd
 * ports install expects.  Namely, the ports install expects:
 * 	msql-2.0-rel.tar.gz, and the current download is:
 * 	msql-2_0-rel_tar.gz.
 *
 * Once I changed the filename, the install continued.  Please correct me
 * if I did something out of ignorance.
 *
 *
 * - between installing msql-beta7 and release, I upgraded from perl4 to
 * perl 5.002 (which is now out-of-date).  The script in
 * /usr/ports/databases/msql/scripts/check_old_version appears to work in
 * with perl4 but with perl5 it generates an error about invalid number of
 * args to "closedir".  Once closedir; (on line 10 or so) is modified to be
 * "closedir(DIR);" it works fine.
 *
 * Thought you might want to know...
 *