Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Dave Hayes wrote:

> Neal E Westfall <nwestfal@directvinternet.com> writes:
> >>
> >> This is where we disagree.
> >>
> >> I claim you should not worry about what others do, your focus should
> >> be on what YOU do, and that will maximize gain for you and (somewhat)
> >> society. You appear to claim that we have to focus on what OTHERS do
> >> and controlling them achieves more gain for you and society.
> >
> > But aren't you contradicting yourself?
>
> Hopefully. ;)

This brings up an interesting question.  Is it rational to attempt
to argue with someone who denies rationality?  The answer would seem
to be no, but given my worldview pre-commitments, no purported
irrationalist could ever make good on his claim to be an irrationalist!
Being made in the image of God, he still has some remnants of his
knowledge of God, and he could never live completely irrationally.
As such, he is always accessible to the God who is there, should He
decide to grant mercy to the miserable wretch.  ;-)
(Romans 9)

Neal