Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 23:58:36 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>, "Eugene M. Kim" <ab@astralblue.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Old compiler (3.3-stable -> 4->stable)

"David W. Chapman Jr." wrote:

> Actually I believe you have to make the 4.x kernel, reboot, then make world
> and kernel again

And it says so in UPDATING. However, I had just done three 4.2 -> 4.3
upgrades so that procedure was in my fingers. I also had the 19.4
Using make world page from the handbook still on my screen.

Guess what?

Nah, it was a mess. I just wiped it and will CVSup the whole shebang
from a mirror nearby. Pity I didn't install the cvs mirror I had
bought that bigger drive for. Or installed that new Tandberg to
make better backups with. Or...

Roelof