Date:      Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:13:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        Fabien DERUDDER <fderudder@lrt.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Jared & Melody Sargent <sarge@seacove.net>
Subject:   RE: terminals.

On 05-Sep-00 Fabien DERUDDER wrote:
> Why don' t you use SSH ? There are SSH clients for windows. The one i
> use is called Putty and works really fine...

Do you want the 'Login:' prompt at the windows machine? In that case you've
enabled a ttyd[0|1] in /etc/ttys, right?

For the login-prompt to show up you must also place a jumper between pins 4 and
8 on the connector connected to the BSD box. (pin numbers are for Dsub25).

HTH
Micke

Michael Josefsson, MSEE
mj@isy.liu.se