Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 19:00:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ppp again

On Sun, 13 Aug 1995, Gary Palmer wrote:

> In message <Pine.SUN.3.91.950813182235.4819A-100000@mocha.eng.umd.edu>, Chuck R
> obey writes:
> >I'm probably showing ignorance here, but if I don't set the default to
> >the tun0 port, how will stuff know that's the path to the world?  Stuff
> >like my named, and other network active stuff?
>
> add 0 0 HISADDR *DOES* set the default route. It's just that iijppp
> doesn't ever use the word `default' for any of it's route config stuff
> and prefers to use the number `0' for such work.

Well, at least on my machine here running 2.0.5-snap-0622, it doesn't.  I
had to kill the nslookup (which hung) and then add the route default,
then nslookup did work.  All the 'delete all' did was wipe out the entry
for my ed0, which I don't yet know how to get back.  It didn't
re-establish a default entry.  You want to see a netstat -rn ?

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0.5-snap-0726) and
(301) 220-2114              | n3lxx (FreeBSD 2.0.5-snap-0622) -- Great!