Date:      Wed, 23 May 2012 08:20:13 GMT
From:      pmn@bakarika.net
To:        perl@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/168248: textproc/p5-XML-SAX dependency loop when updating from 0.96 to 0.99

The following reply was made to PR ports/168248; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: pmn@bakarika.net
To: Andrej Zverev <az@freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/168248: textproc/p5-XML-SAX dependency loop when
 updating from 0.96 to 0.99
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 10:14:30 +0200

 Quoting Andrej Zverev <az@freebsd.org>:
 > Hello,

 Hello.

 > Note about this issue exist ports/UPDATING. Does not it helped you?
 >   version 0.99.  Since X-S-B now installs some files formerly
 > installed by X-S
 >   the package for X-S must be deinstalled before updating X-S.

 Yes, as I wrote in the bug report, it helped me.
 However, I didn't expect the bug: UPDATING says some files are
 overwritten (which means I can break my system if I don't do as
 required), not that installation will err (which seems unrelated to
 the dependency loop problem I mentioned).
 Therefore, I thought that I had found a bug unrelated to UPDATING's comment.

 But since, in the end, following UPDATING solves the issue, I wasn't
 sure whether the bug was valid or not. Feel free to close it.

 Cheers,

 P!

 --
 This is not a signature.