Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 10:49:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com>
To:        Phil Rosenthal <winter@villaweb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KERNEL COMPILE IS BROKEN

Phil Rosenthal
> When trying to compile the same kernel config file I have been using for the
> last 6 months, I receive this error:

I had a similar (didn't keep trace, don't know for certain) problem with both
smbfs and my kernel running my second install of 4.3-STABLE.  Doing a
complete make buildworld/kernel compilation/kernel installation/make installworld
solved the problem.  Both the kernel and smbfs compilation problems disappeared,
plus some strange slowdowns on my Win2Kpro box (via X and samba) disappeared.

MLS