Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 01:28:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Ross <satare@optusnet.com.au>
Cc:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Re: mergemaster has locked me out

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Michael Ross wrote:

> Is there an easy way to just get mergemaster to update the new users
> in your /etc/passwd files while leaving your existing ones alone?

	There are various ideas floating around to use cvs to accomplish
this, but none of them are particularly easy to implement, or satisfy
everyone. ... Not that I won't keep trying, but meanwhile, in addition to
the "pay attention" advice you've already received, I'd add "read the
mergemaster man page, especially where it says your first step should be
TAKE GOOD BACKUPS BEFORE YOU START."  :)

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?