Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:22:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu>
To:        Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Cc:        Shashi Joshi <shashi@shift-f1.com>, molter@logic.it, vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM, security@FreeBSD.ORG, mario1@PrimeNet.Com
Subject:   Re: So, lets have a checklist compiled (was Re: Security hole)

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Adam Shostack wrote:

> Guy Helmer is working on a paper on exactly this topic.  Perhaps he
> could post a pointer to his current draft?
> Adam
>
> | Exactly my thoughts. So, do we get a checklist or reference list from the
> | gurus?

A slightly older draft of the paper is at

http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer/freebsd-security.ps

but it should serve well enough for now for those in need of at least
pointers to the broad spectrum of FreeBSD security improvements.  A
current version of the paper isn't ready for posting...

Guy Helmer, Computer Science Graduate Student - ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu
Iowa State University               http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer