Date:      Tue, 02 Jun 1998 00:18:29 -0400
From:      Steve Bradey <sbradey@netroute.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UFS on ATAPI ZIP

Folks...

I am new to BSD (and to UNIX) and have an ATAPI zip drive.  I am running
2.2.6.  I have been able to mount my DOS/Win95 formatted zip disks
using...

mount -t msdos /dev/wfd0s4 /zip

without any problems.  I would like to format a disk or two with the BSD
FS so that I may use long file names, but I have had no luck thus far.
I have followed the directions for fdisk and disklabel that I found at

http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/diskformat/

and things appear to have worked correctly until I try to mount the
disk.  I get an "Invalid super block" message.  I have tried both the
dedicated and compatibility methods that are outlined on the
above-mentioned tutorial page.  I have also tried a couple of different
drive geometries (96/64/32 and 512/12/32 cyl/head/sec). If anyone has
been successful at getting this to work I would appreciate your input
(remember I'm a rookie!).

Please respond via email.  TIA.

Steve