Date:      Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:07:13 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@rrr.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [Please test] mplayer-0.99.6

--=-T8vXeiE5qKb/0FUTBbOp

Thomas E. Zander p=ED=B9e v =FAt 08. 02. 2005 v 00:19 +0100:
> Hi folks,
>=20
> the port update to mplayer 1.0pre6 is ready to test. You can find it
> here:
> http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/mplayer-0.99.6.tar.bz2
>=20
> Some parts are significantly rewritten, so please test it very
> carefully and report regression, problems (and of course, patches :-) )
> to this list in order to keep an open discussion.
>=20
> The most obvious new feature is introduction of a build variable called
> "MPLAYER_CUSTOM_BUILD". If this is not defined, mplayer _should_ build
> a package allowing distribution across different cpu types within an
> architecture domain. This concept is mainly adapted based on a document
> written by the fedora-package-maintainer Dominik Mierzejewski after
> a discussion on the mplayer mailinglist.

Why is this variable needed?

Users surely will want to just define WITHOUT_GUI=3Dyes and expect the
port to disable Gtk frontend, as it did up to now. This new variable
which have to be declared for WITHOUT_GUI to take effect looks like pure
annoyance to me. What's the background behind it?

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

Define universe and tell me three examples.

--=-T8vXeiE5qKb/0FUTBbOp
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-T8vXeiE5qKb/0FUTBbOp--