Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:50:50 -0600
From:      Redmond Militante <r-militante@northwestern.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   basic ipf question

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt

hi=20
i have a basic question regarding ipf/ipnat setup.
at the moment my setup is: =20

i have a ipf/ipnat box hooked up to a switch, and one internal client hooke=
d up to the switch.  the public ip of the internal client is aliased to the=
 external (xl0) nic of the ipf/ipnat box.

this is working ok for me.  i would now like to add a second internal clien=
t.  i'd like to alias the public ip of the second internal client to the ex=
ternal nic (xl0) of the ipf/ipnat box, hook the second internal client to t=
he switch and protect it behind the ipf/ipnat box in the same way that i do=
 the first internal client machine.

this isn't working for me.  when i add the second alias to the external nic=
 of the ipf/ipnat box, change rc.conf on the second internal client, and ho=
ok it up to the switch, then reboot both internal clients, they freeze up d=
uring reboot.  hitting ctrl-c during the reboot process forces them to comp=
lete the reboot process, but only the first - original - internal client is=
 working correctly.  the second - newer - internal client doesn't seem to b=
e receiving connectivity.  am i going about this the wrong way?

thanks again

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt--