Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 23:36:04 -0800
From:      "Nicholas W. Sayer" <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        "Hidetoshi Shimokawa" <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <barry@lustig.com>
Subject:   RE: VMWare performance when returning from suspend to disk

*ding ding ding ding ding*

Having applied this patch, it appears to have returned the systat numbers
to a state where this problem does not occur, at least on my home machine
(which is not the same one I was testing today at the office).

Now the question is, why doesn't vmware unlink the mmap file when it's
resuming like it does when it's booting? Bizarre.

I was able to port the patch to -stable, but only by moving the SYSCTL_INT
declaration and the mmap_nosync variable to /sys/compat/linux/linux_mib.c
and keeping the functional part of the patch in
/sys/i386/linux/linux_machdep.c. Anyone have any insight on that?