Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:50:28 -0700
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        tweten@nas.nasa.gov
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenMotif Problem

--==_Exmh_-865080288P

> I made the mistake of rebuilding Open Motif a week or so ago, and things have
> been going downhill since then.  Any help would be appreciated.  The current
> situation is:

<SNIP>

> >Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name:  osfActivate
> >Warning: ... found while parsing ':<Key>osfActivate: PrimitiveParentActivate()'
> >Warning: String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errors
>
> I've searched the ports e-mail archive and found nothing quite like my current
> situation.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Yes. Every single Motif app on your system is borked. None of them will
let you type into a text widget.

You need to re-install XFree86-4-libraries, in order to get the
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB file back.

Or you can simply do a 'make extract' and grab the XKeysymDB file and
put in it yourself.

Regards,

AS

--==_Exmh_-865080288P