Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 05:02:06 -0800
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bind 9 and FreeBSD-Stable?

Are there any plans to switch to Bind 9 as the standard BIND release
in FreeBSD any time soon?

I note that 4.4-Release is still using 8.2.4, and since I haven't
updated my sources for quite a while so I'm not sure if that has
changed any.

But given that BIND started out as the "Berkeley Internet Name
Daemon", and that AFAIK much of its development still occurs on
FreeBSD, doesn't it make sense to move in that direction since v9
seems to be fairly well-accepted these days?

I've gotten stuck with multiple versions of BIND in FreeBSD before
and I'd much rather just use the stuff that's part of the base
distribution as it's more foolproof to update and keep track of.

Thanks,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium