Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 1996 10:40:16 -0700
From:      Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PR 1201

On Fri, 23 Aug 1996 05:23:19 -0400
 "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org> wrote:

 > Anyone ever looked at Jason's changes to the `ch' driver? I have an
 > EXB10h tape robot which I would *REALLY* like to get working ASAP with
 > our FreeBSD server(s) ...

It should Just Work with any changer that follows the SCSI Medium Changer
spec.  The driver does work under FreeBSD, and I use it under NetBSD
quite often.

Note, however, that if the changer is at a LUN other than 0, you'll have
to add quirk entries to the MI code to deal with that.  Also, the FreeBSD
NCR53c8xx driver doesn't cope with LUNs properly, either, so you'll have
to either fix it, or use a non-NCR53c8xx controller :-)

(I punted on the NCR53c8xx :-)

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --