Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:07:38 -0500
From:      "Digital C." <admin@cyrebels.org>
To:        Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
Subject:   Re: File sharing with 2 computers on a LAN...

--------------7D5092CF33FF00BA528B0F6F

Hey,

Ok i got it... now i know how to use shlight, but uhm, since i get this error:
error connecting to server: [1] Operation not permitted

i was wondering if i had to do something on the windows machine?  btw, heres the
cmd i used:

dc# shlight //mybox/e/+Mp3-archive /mp3 -n

thanks!

Walter Brameld wrote:

> A quickie here: "mp3server" should be replaced with the name of the
> host comupter on which your mp3 files reside. More info?
>
> http://www.obdev.at/Products/shlight.html
>
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, in a
> never-ending search for enlightenment, Digital C. wrote: > Greetings, >
> > thanks for your quick reply!
> >
> > i got 2 questions... first: what is "mp3server" in "# shlight
> > //mp3server/c/mp3 /mp3" ? where do i take that from?
> > plus, when i execute this command, it asks for a password, whats that
> > password?
> >
> > where can i get more info on sharity-light...?
> > thanks again!
> >

> > Bhishan Hemrajani wrote:
> >
> > > You should use sharity light.
> > >
> > > Sharity light can mount /mp3 on your machine.
> > > # mkdir /mp3
> > > # shlight //mp3server/c/mp3 /mp3
> > >
> > > --bhishan

> --
> Walter Brameld
>
> in·tel·lec·tu·al
> n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
> Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.

--------------7D5092CF33FF00BA528B0F6F

Hey,
error:
btw, heres the cmd i used: