Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:56:43 +0100 (CET)
From:      Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>
To:        Mike Brown <mwbrown@halfzero.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Mike Brown wrote:

> > Working on battery??

> Nope,

Ok, just checking ;-)

> I found that if I completely power off, then power back on, it fixes it
> for a little while.  But once it gets to hot, the fan comes on and it
> slows way down.  I'm trying to build a new kernel right now without apm,
> it's taking forever though.

Hmm, this looks like your BIOS pulls the emergency break. Is it possible
to use ACPI instead of APM on your laptop? Then you can also easy check
the current temp with gkrellm for example.

Regards,

Richard.

----
Paul Vixie in an interview with Sendmail.net:

Now that the Internet has the full spectrum of humanity as users,
the technology is showing its weakness: it was designed to be
used by friendly, smart people. Spammers, as an example of a class,
are neither friendly nor smart.